Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Where the hell is Matt?

(Cross-posted from my livejournal. I figure it's good to post more than strictly art here.)

Have you guys seen this video? It's pretty incredible. I'd love to go to just half of the places this guy's danced in :)



The song in the video is called "Praan". It's available from iTunes and was adapted from one of these poems (i think? information on the song was difficult to come by) by Garry Schyman, who also did the score for Bioshock. Go figure.

If you go to the guy's official website ( www.wherethehellismatt.com ), one of the questions in the FAQ is what the message is in the videos that Matt makes. His answer was pretty simple: he doesn't know. it's up to you. Somehow that makes me like it even more. There's no pretention in it. The message (if there is one) is as simple as the video :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the climate that we live in today, where we spend every day living in fear of one outside influence or another, things like this video are more important than ever before.

They remind us, that despite what we're told by our leaders, at the end of the day, we're all just the same.

We're all just people.

Bobby Pontillas said...

Yeah this is pretty amazing. Such a simple concept on a grand scale. I'm a little bummed I didnt catch word of when he came to seattle.

Heidi Gilbert said...

Wow Lissa! You've updated like crazy since I checked last! I haven't been very good at keeping up. Your foxes are awesome! And your conversations with your younger self are pretty hilarious! I approve. :)